A few tips:
1. In Ankara/Turkey, you always have to have your bag of produce weighed and stickered BEFORE going to the cashier. There will be a person there to weigh it for you.
2. Sometimes, there will be employees in the produce section. If this is the case, ask them for what you want and they will get it for you. If there are bags easily accessible, then grab them and serve yourself.
3. Fruits and vegetables are purchased by weight. A kilogram is a lot, often you will be needing 500 grams or 250 grams instead. The word "grams" translates well.
4. 500 in Turkish is Elli Yuz (gram)
5. 250 in Turkish is Iki Yuz Elli (gram)